How to use the timeline maker in 3 easy steps:
Log in to the Visme Dashboard and click the Infographics tab. Once inside, click on #timeline in the small directory next to the search box. Browse through all the available templates in the timeline maker.
Once inside the timeline maker, change the icons and graphics with the options on the left-hand panel, or upload your own. Add photos from your computer, or find some in the Graphics tab. Quickly create your timeline with the built-in expansion tools.
Use the timeline creator to generate animated infographics and embed them in a blog post or your site. Download as a static image to insert anywhere and share on social media easily. Cite your sources at the bottom of the graphic and include your website URL and logo.
Click to Edit a Template
Making your timeline is free and easy
Create your timeline View moretemplates usee
the timeline maker to create a linear representation of important events.
Choose one of the many templates in the timeline maker. Change the icons, colors, and backgrounds to fit your brand or story. Add your own images or use the ones provided in the left-hand Graphics panel.
Customize every aspect of your timeline to fit your story.
The timeline maker allows you to edit anything, from the position and size of elements to the color schemes, fonts and backgrounds. Apply a color scheme with one click or create your own.
Easily adjust the length of your timeline with the draggable button at the bottom of the canvas. Add images and crop them, insert icons and customize their color schemes or animate any element.
Visme gives you several options to visualize data in one place
Images and Graphics
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
- Choose from millions of free images for commercial and editorial use
- Select from thousands of high-quality vector icons and adjust their color scheme to fit your content
- Tap into hundreds of pre-built content blocks to get a head start on your visual
VISUALIZE NUMBERS WITH A CLICK
- Infuse life into your statistics and figures by using our drag-and-drop data widgets
- Insert your own values with a single click or use the slider to visualize a value
- Adjust the color scheme of your data widget to fit your content and brand colors
Download or embed your timeline easily.
Download your infographic from the timeline maker as an image or PDF and print it as a poster.
Quick Tips: How to Use the Timeline Maker
- Organize your timeline as a rough draft on a piece of paper. Have an idea of different sections in the timeline and a vision of the story you want to tell.
- Enter the Visme Timeline Maker by logging in to Visme and starting a new project.
- Click on the Infographics tab and choose #timeline from the directory next to the search bar. Otherwise, write “timeline” into the bar.
- Browse through the collection of timeline templates inside the timeline creator until you find one that best fits your vision. Click on the blue Use This button to see it in the editor.
- Change the icons, colors, and backgrounds in the template to match your theme. You can use the theme colors tab on the left-hand panel in the timeline creator or use your own color palette.
- Add your own photos or use some from the left-hand Graphics panel in the timeline maker. There are also plenty of graphics and icons to choose from.
- Customize the shapes to create a balanced design in the timeline maker. Choose your fonts and change their color and size to fit the composition.
- Download your infographic from the timeline maker as a PDF with bleed marks and print it as a poster to hang on your wall.
- Use the animation tools in the top right menu to create an interactive timeline. Simply add a movement to selected sections.
- Download the infographic from the timeline creator timeline infographic template as an image and insert into an email or a blog post. Share it on social media, especially Pinterest which is great for vertical graphics